Sunday 22 January 2012

A Big Thank you gift to a very special friend

Good evening

I have been looking forward to post this post for a while, but seeing that it was a gift to the person that actually got me to start blogging, I had to wait for the parcel to actually arrive.  Today was the day, she eventually got it - our Postal Service here in South Africa have the tendency to really take it's time.

But like I said, she got it.  I just have to thank you once again for all the help, encouragement and answering of silly questions - A Big, Big Thank You.  You are just amazing Sharon, I do appreciate everything!!!!

I am not sure if I have mentioned it before, but I love to recycle any old box or tin or actually anything that can be "revamped".  I then love to give this as a gift to a person - it always seem to be more special.  So this is precisely what I have done, I "revamped" an old Justin gift box. 


This is what the box looked like before.


And this is what it looked like after I worked on it a bit.


A side view.  The paper that I used is a new favourite of mine - First Edition Paper and this is the New Leaf paper pad.  I just love the colours.

And of course I had to make a card to go with it. 



Tilda Sparkles.

That is enough for now.  Thank you for staying and reading to the end of my post.  The weekend is almost over and tomorrow it is back to work.  I need to start collecting big boxes as I need to start to pack for the big move down to Cape Town.  I have a few movers who will be coming out to the house to give me quotes to move the furniture and stuff.  I am hoping that I will get at least one good quote between the lot.

I hope that you will enjoy the rest of your Sunday evening.  Keep well and God Bless.

Hugs,
Marika

13 comments:

  1. Dit lyk pragtig!
    Sterkte vir die trekkery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely gift, very pretty
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super gift and I love your sweet Tilda. Love the pretty papers you've used.
    Hugs
    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful gift. Looking forward to visiting your blog and seeing what treasures you create. Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome gift! You have done a nice job coloring Tilda.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous job! Welcome to the Magnolia group! We're so glad to have you and can't wait to see what you do next!
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful project Marika. I love this sweet Tilda, love the colors! Welcome to the Magnolia group. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful, just wonderful! You've done a smashing job recycling this box, your finishing touches are fabulous! Welcome to our group! Barb <><

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful box Marika also is your card. Great colors did you use for both of your projects.
    xxxSylvia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous gift combo and great idea!! Thanks for sharing :o)
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow... I am the recipient of this lovely altered box. It is stunning IRL (in real life). Thanks so much Marika. It's been a pleasure introducing you to blogging and you're doing great so far. Love all the visitors here. I recognise a lot of faces as I also belong to the same group. Good luck and I also can't wait to see what you'll be creating next. Take care, hugs Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful gift!!!!! You did a great job on this project!!!!! Way to go!!!!!

    ReplyDelete